Khustai National Park day tour
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Ger camp accommodation
- Guide service
- Entrance fee
- All transfers
Package price DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
Today, the Khustai National Park is best-known as the home to Przewalski wild horses; known as Takhi in Mongolian. These horse-species, native to Mongolia, died out in mid-1950s in their natural habitat. With Dutch effort, the Przewalski horses were re-introduced to Khustai area in 1992 from zoos around the World. The area was recognized as National Park in 1993.
Between 1992 and 2000, around 84 horses were released in the Park and now their numbers have grown to over 300. In addition, the Przewalski horses were introduced to Xinjiang in China, Chernobyl in Ukraine and in Gobi of Mongolia.
Khustai National Park area is quite calm and peaceful in the days of winter. White snow-covered hills make it even easier to spot the wild horses. The serenity of Khustai, untouched wilds, the fresh air and joy of spotting the Przewalski horses in their habitat bring an experience of a lifetime.
Przewalski horses, Khustai National Park
Ulaanbaatar – Khustai National Park - Ulaanbaatar
- Day tour
08:00 am Leave the hotel after meeting with the guide and the driver 10:00 am Drive in Khustai National Park. Visit the local museum. Drive to Khustai National Park to see Przewalski wild horses in their natural habitat (5km). 13:30 pm Lunch in camp. 16:00 pm Drive back to Ulaanbaatar 18:00 pm Arrive in Ulaanbaatar
Tour available dates
2022-11-01 - 2023-10-31
4 -7 People
8 -11 People
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- Smart and casual clubbing clothes
- Rain coat or warm coat depending on the weather