Events & Naadam
Land of Dinosaurs in Photo
Photo tour through central Mongolia and Gobi. You will not only see these amazing spots, but you will be able to take photos and treasure them forever.
Ulaanbaatar –Elsen Tasarhai -Karakorum – Central point of Mongolia – Ongi Monastery – Flaming Cliffs – Khongor Sand Dunes – Arts Bogd – Arvaiheer – Ulaan tsutgalan waterfall – Karakorum - Ulaanbaatar
12 nights / 13 days
Central Mongolia and Gobi, Southern Mongolia
Takhi (Przewalski) horses, Elsen Tasarhai, Karakorum, Erdene Zuu, Lake Ugii, Chinggis Khaan statue complex, XIII century park
This Land of dinosaurs in photo tour will be led by a professional award winning photographer and experienced traveler. This tour through Gobi and Central Mongolia is aimed at professional photographers and photography enthusiasts who are keen to travel through Mongolia and take photos.
- Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (L/D)
- Day 2. Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). (L/D)
- Day 3. Central point of Mongolia / Ongi Monastery. (B/L/D)
- Day 4. Ongi Monastery. (B/L/D)
- Day 5. Bayanzag (Flaming Cliffs). (B/L/D)
- Day 6. Khongor sand dunes. (B/L/D)
- Day 7. Khongor sand dunes. (B/L/D)
- Day 8. Arts Bogd. (B/L/D)
- Day 9. Arvaiheer. (B/L/D)
- Day 10. Ulaan tsutgalan. (B/L/D)
- Day 11. Karakorum. (B/L/D)
- Day 12. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L)
- Day 13. Departure. (B)
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (L/D)
Arrival in Ulaanbaatar. Your Photo guide and driver will pick you up at the airport and transfer to you hotel. You will have full day city tour with Gandan Monastery, Sukhbaatar square and Zaisan memorial Hill. In the evening you will see a performance by a folk music and dance ensemble. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Day 2. Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). 300km. (B/L/D)
Early morning after breakfast you will start your trip to Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). Meet with the camel breeding family for next day’s photo shooting of life of nomadic people. Here you will also have a chance to take beautiful pictures of a landscape which combines desert, mountains and forest. Short camel riding and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 3. Mongolian Central point / Ongi Monastery. 280km. (B/L/D)
After breakfast start driving to Ongi Monastery. On the way you will visit Burd soum which is the Geographical Center of Mongolia. Continue driving towards Ongi Monastery. Built in the XVII century, the Ongi monastery was one of the largest Buddhist centers of Mongolia and was once populated by 1,000 monks and had 4 Buddhist universities. It was demolished during the repressions of 1937 and only ruins remain standing today. However there is a small temple which re-started functioning which you can visit. Take pictures of Mongolian nomadic people, their lifestyle. Lunch, dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 4. Ongi Monastery. (B/L/D)
On this day you will visit a nomadic family, take pictures of landscape. Overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 5. Bayanzag (Flaming Cliffs). 185km. (B/L/D)
Day 6. Khongor sand dunes. 170km. (B/L/D)
After breakfast drive to Khongor sand dunes known as the Singing Dunes. A climb up to the sand dunes will be rewarded with a breathtaking view. In the evening take pictures of the spectacular sunset. Lunch, dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 7. Khongor sand dunes. (B/L/D)
The next day in Khongor you will visit camel breeding family. Tour the Khongor sand dunes on a camel back. Take pictures of the landscape and camels. Also on this day you will take pictures of the camel breeding family. Overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 8. Arts Bogd. 100km. (B/L/D)
The next day you will drive to Arts Bogd. Here you will take a picture of landscape. Dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 9. Arvaiheer. 140km. (B/L/D)
After breakfast drive to Arvaiheer. Here you will stay in a hotel and it will be a free day to explore the town. Internet use is available sometimes.
Day 10. Ulaan tsutgalan. 130km. (B/L/D)
After breakfast at the hotel in Arvaiheer, you will travel to Ulaan Tsutgalan waterfall. Here you will take the pictures of landscape and waterfall. On this day you will ride famous Mongol horses. Overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 11. Karakorum. 120km. (B/L/D)
Start driving to Karakorum after breakfast. Karakorum is the 13th century capital of the Great Mongol Empire. Here you can take photos of the biggest monastery of Mongolia, Erdene Zuu. It has total of 108 stupas. 25 for each side and 2 for each corner. Overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 12. Ulaanbaatar. 380km. (B/L)
Drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Lunch on the way. Free day. On this day it is possible to shop for souvenirs in Ulaanbaatar.
Day 13. Departure. (B)
After breakfast transfer to airport for you international departure.
Tour available dates:
15 June – 15 September
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary
- Photo cameras, equipments, tripods etc…
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- Memory card
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number