Events & Naadam
Tour of central Mongolia by plane mostly. You will enjoy the natural beauty and the hot spring
Tuvkhun Monastery – Karakorum – Tsenkher hot spring – Ulaanbaatar
5 nights / 6 days
Tuvkhun Monastery, Karakorum, Erdene Zuu, Tsenher hot spring, Ulaanbaatar
- Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (L/D)
- Day 2. Tuvkhun Monastery (Ursa Major). (B/L/D)
- Day 3. Karakorum (Munkhtenger). 80km. (B/L/D)
- Day 4. Tsenher Hot Spring. 115km. (B/L/D)
- Day 5. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L)
- Day 6. Departure. (B)
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (L/D)
Meet your Juulchin guide at the airport or train station. Transfer to four or five star hotel.
Day 2. Tuvkhun Monastery (Ursa Major). (B/L/D)
After breakfast at the hotel transfer to the airport and fly to Tuvkhun Monastery on a private airplane. The monastery is situated on a forested rocky mountain. It is one of the oldest monasteries of Mongolia which was built in 1648 when Enlightened Bogd Gegeen Zanabazar was 14 years old. Enjoy the tranquility and a stunning view from the monastery.
Day 3. Karakorum (Munkhtenger). 80km. (B/L/D)
After breakfast drive to Karakorum, the 13th century capital of the Great Mongol Empire. Visit Erdene Zuu Monastery, which once was one of the largest monasteries in Mongolia. Tour the monastery grounds and visit several temples with excellent examples of Buddhist thangka painting dating back from the 16th century. Visit the Karakorum museum. Dinner and overnight stay in a comfortable ger camp.
Day 4. Tsenher Hot Spring. 115km. (B/L/D)
Drive to Tsenkher hot spring. Spend the day relaxing in a natural hot spa and walking in the surrounding forest. Please do not forget to pack your swimsuit for this day. You may have a small hike to a mountain top and enjoy the view. Optional massage and beauty services are available. Enjoy the hot spa again after dinner. Lunch, dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 5. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L)
After breakfast drive to Tsetserleg for you flight back to Ulaanbaatar on a private airplane. Upon arrival in Ulaanbaatar shop at Gobi Cashmere Factory Store and the State Department Store. Overnight stay in a four or five star hotel.
Day 6. Departure. (B)
After breakfast at the hotel and transfer to the airport or train station for your international departure.
Tour available dates:
15 May – 15 October
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary, etc…
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number