Mountains and Monasteries of Mongolia
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
Paketpreis NICHT INBEGRIFFEN
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary, etc…
The Mongolians have always been a people tolerant of different religions. The court of the Great Khan was home to a number of different religions and churches, which competed for the Khan’s favor. Tibetan Buddhism spread through Mongolia in the 16th century, and is now the dominant religion in the country. Shamanism and animist beliefs were prevalent in Mongolia before the 16th century and continue today in certain regions. During the communist purges of the 1930s more than 600 temples were destroyed and much of Mongolia’s religious heritage lost. However, in the 1990s restoration began on temples and lamaseries across the country and today there are numerous examples of unique Mongolian Buddhist architecture and cultural history.
Middle Gobi – Kharkhorin Ancient Capital – Amarbayasgalant Monastery
Ulaanbaatar – Middle Gobi – Kharkhorin Ancient Capital – Amarbayasgalant Monastery - Ulaanbaatar
- Day 1 - Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
Meet with the guide upon arrival and transfer to hotel. If time permits, half and full day tours are available upon request. Overnight at selected hotel.
- Day 2 - Elsen Tasarkhai. 280km (B/L/D)
Early morning drive to Bayangobi camp located next to Elsen Tasarkhai sand dunes. After lunch, visit a local camel breeding family and ride camels along the dunes. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 3 - Uvgun Khiid and Karakorum. 100km (B/L/D)
After breakfast at the camp, drive towards Khogno Khaan mountain and visit ruins of Uvgun Khiid. Learn about the history of the temple. Afterwards, drive towards Kharkhorin where the ancient capital of Mongol Empire, Karakorum was located. It is home to Erdene Zuu, Mongolia’s first Buddhist monastic center built in 1586. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 4 - Karakorum. (B/L/D)
Spend the day exploring the town of Kharkhorin and its attractions. Visit the monastic grounds and nearby landmarks, including Kharkhorin museum that houses many exotic artifacts found in the Orkhon valley. Some of those trace back even to the VI century. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 5 - Middle Gobi. 300 km (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the camp. Drive to the Middle Gobi tourist camp (300km). En route pay a visit to the Sangiin Dalai temple. This temple was built in the 19th century, in commemoration of the Dalai Lama’s first visit to Mongolia. Arrive at the tourist camp late afternoon. History: More than 20 temples were originally built and they housed about 200 lamas. In 1937, during the communist purges most of the temples were destroyed. Up to the 1990s, when the revival of the Buddhist religion started, Sangiin Dalai temple was closed. At present, Sangiin Dalai temple, which was built without using a single iron nail, is a major center of Buddhism. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 6 - Middle Gobi. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the camp. Full day excursion to Baga Gazriin Chuluu Mountain and Sum Huh Burd. Drive back to camp for dinner and overnight in ger. History: Baga Gazriin Chuluu is a sacred rocky mountain, 1760m above sea level, and is famous for its unique rock formations and beautiful natural environment. There is a small wood of elms, growing on rocky slopes. There is also a 20-meter-deep cave and a spring emerging from holes up to 60cm wide. It is located 75km from the camp. Sum Huh Burd is an oasis in the Gobi, with a small lake, which has an ancient stone fortress on an island in the center of the lake. The fortress, built during the 16th and 17th centuries, has walls 1.5 meters thick and no roof. Legend says that all attempts to build a roof were thwarted by lightning. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 7 - Ulaanbaatar. 290km (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the camp. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar (290km) with lunch along the way. Transfer to hotel upon arrival. Overnight at selected hotel
- Day 8 - Terelj National Park. 80km (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Terelj National park, 80km from Ulaanbaatar. Explore the famous Turtle rock and the mountains with their unique granite formations. Have lunch and drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Free time for leisure in the afternoon. Overnight at selected hotel
- Day 9 - Amarbayasgalant Monastery. 340km (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Early morning drive to Amarbayasgalant. Lunch in the town of Darkhan. Arrive at the camp in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the camp. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 10 - Amarbayasgalant Monastery. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the camp. Drive 7km west of the camp and visit Amarbayasgalant Monastery, one of the most ancient and beautiful monastery complexes in Mongolia, dating back to 1727. The monastery survived through the centuries and even the communist purges of the 1930s during which about 700 monasteries and temples were completely destroyed. Thanks to restoration works, most temples of the monastery are functioning and ceremonies are regularly held inside them. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 11 - Amarbayasgalant Monastery. (B/L/D)
Full day trekking to the nearby mountains with box lunch. Return in the late afternoon. Overnight in a ger camp
- Day 12 - Ulaanbaatar. 340km (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the camp. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Free time for individual plans and shopping in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. Overnight at selected hotel
- Day 13 - Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day excursion in Ulaanbaatar. Visit the Museum of Natural History with its world-famous collection of dinosaur exhibits, including the huge complete skeleton of the Tarbosaurus, an Asian cousin of the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Overnight at the hotel in Ulaanbaatar. Overnight at selected hotel
- Day 14 - Departure. (B)
After an early breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport for departure.
2022-05-16 - 2022-09-01
4 -7 Personen
8 -11 Personen