Events & Naadam
Nomadic Life in Photo
Photo tour through central Mongolia. The tour during which you will see the best features of Central Mongolia and photograph them.
Ulaanbaatar – Hustain Nuruu – Elsen Tasarhai -Karakorum – Lake Ugii – Ulaanbaatar – XIII century complex
7 nights / 8 days
Takhi (Przewalski) horses, Elsen Tasarhai, Karakorum, Erdene Zuu, Lake Ugii, Chinggis Khaan statue complex, XIII century park
This Nomadic life in photo tour will be led by a professional award winning photographer and experienced traveler. This tour aimed at professional photographers and photography enthusiasts who are keen to travel through Mongolia and take photos.
- Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (L/D)
- Day 2. Hustain Nuruu – Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). (B/L/D)
- Day 3. Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). (B/L/D)
- Day 4. Karakorum, Erdene Zuu Monastery. (B/L/D)
- Day 5. Lake Ugii. (B/L/D)
- Day 6. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L)
- Day 7. Chinggis Khaan Statue complex, XIII century complex. (B/L/D)
- Day 8. Departure. (B)
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (L/D)
Arrival in Ulaanbaatar. Your Photo guide and driver will pick you up at the airport and transfer to your hotel. You will have full day city tour with Gandan Monastery, Sukhbaatar square and Zaisan memorial Hill. In the evening performance by State Song and Dance Academic Ensemble. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Day 2. Hustain Nuruu / Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). 300km. (B/L/D)
Early morning after breakfast you will start your tour to Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). On the way you will visit Hustain Nuruu National Park. You will take a picture of Takhi (Przewalski horse) and deers. Also here you will have the chance to shoot landscape. After lunch at Hustain Nuruu continue driving to Elsen Tasarhai. Meet with the family for next day’s photo shoot of life of camel breeding nomadic family. Enjoy camel riding. Overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 3. Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). (B/L/D)
After breakfast drive to the camel breeding family. On this day you will take pictures of nomadic people’s life and landscape of Elsen Tasarhai (Sand Dunes). This place has a very unique combination of mountains, forests and gobi (desert) landscape in one location.
Day 4. Karakorum, Erdene Zuu Monastery. 95km. (B/L/D)
Start driving to Karakorum after breakfast. Karakorum is the 13th century capital of the Great Mongol Empire. Here you can shoot the biggest monastery of Mongolia, Erdene Zuu. It has total of 108 stupas. 25 for each side and 2 for each corner. Overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 5. Lake Ugii. 80km. (B/L/D)
Drive to lake Ugii in Arkhangai province. On the way drive through ancient Turkic king Bilge’s memorial statue and the museum. Ger camp is located on the shore of lake Ugii. You will visit a nomadic horse breeding family during the day. You will take the picture of their culture, life and the horses. The lake Ugii has a magnificent view and countless water birds will be at your doorsteps. Here you will take the pictures of the landscape. Enjoy short horse ride. Lunch, dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 6. Ulaanbaatar. 350km. (B/L)
Before breakfast take a picture of the lake while the sun is rising. After breakfast drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Lunch on the way and transfer to hotel.
Day 7. Chinggis Khaan Statue complex /XIII century complex. 280km. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel and start driving to Chinggis Khaan Statue Complex. You will take pictures of landscape and continue driving to XIII century complex. It consists of 6 camps and tribes which are very unique on their own. Everything is built in XIII century style. Take the pictures of XIII century Mongol life style. Return to Ulaanbaatar and dinner.
Day 8. Departure. (B)
Transfer to airport for you international flight.
Tour available dates:
15 June – 15 September
|3 star hotel||-||-||-||-||-|
|4-5 star hotel||-||-||-||-||-|
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary
- Photo cameras, equipments, tripods etc…
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number
- Memory cards