Events & Naadam
New Year and First Sunrise
Special tour of the new year to greet the first sunrise of the year! Enjoy the train journey, breakfast, concert and the performances.
Ulaanbaatar-Khangai Train Station-Terelj
3 nights /4 days
Ulaanbaatar, New Year’s event, First sunrise
Romantic early morning train journey with breakfast and champagne on the way to the site. Greeting the first sunrise of the year from the scenic site while watching religious and spiritual performances and practice of fire worshipping. Managing to greet the first sunrise and receive its energies said to revive the person’s himori (wind horse, traditional Mongol idea of wellbeing and fortune represented by a horse which accompanies the person). Also on this tour there is a city sightseeing and a visit to Terelj national park to experience the beauty of Mongolian winter.
- Day 1. Dec 30 (Sat)
- Day 2. Dec 31 (Sun) New Year’s Event. (L/D)
- Day 3. Jan 01 (Mon) Greeting first sunrise of the New Year. (B/L)
- Day 4. Jan 02 (Tue) Departure.
Day 1. Dec 30 (Sat) Ulaanbaatar
Arrival in Ulaanbaatar and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2. Dec 31 (Sun) New Year’s Event
Morning city tour including Gandan Monastery, National Museum of Mongolia and Chinggis (Sukhbaatar) Square with the monument to Chinggis Khaan. After lunch prepare for New Year’s Event. After participating in the event walk around Sukhbaatar Square, stroll along with locals who are celebrating the New Year. Transfer to your hotel after midnight. (L/D)
Day 3. Jan 01 (Mon) Greeting the First Sunrise of the Year
Early morning transfer to Train station for departure at 5.55am. This railway is part of the trans-Siberian railway. Breakfast on the train and celebrate on the way with champagne and hot wine. Arrive at Khangai – one of most scenic spots in Mongolia. First, we will make a camp fire and wait for the sun to rise at 8.40am. The train departs for Ulaanbaatar at 9am and arrives at 11.20am. Pick up from the train station and drive to Terelj National Park which is 80km northeast of the city. After lunch visit Turtle rock and a local family. Explore their unique lifestyle in winter time. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar and overnight stay in a hotel. (B/L)
Day 4. Jan 02 (Tue) Departure
Transfer to the airport or train station for international departure.
Tour available dates:
30th of December – 2nd of January/ 2017
Package price does not include accommodations in Ulaanbaatar
From 538 USD per person
Single occupancy; 60 USD per person
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary, etc…
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- winter coat
- winter boots
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- winter long johns
- winter socks
- sun glasses
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number
- winter mittens
- winter woolly hat