Events & Naadam
Dharma Tour Mongolia
Special tour for those who are interested in Buddhism and Mongolia. During the tour you will be able to practice meditation and yoga.
Ulaanbaatar – Sainshand – Khamar monastery – Ulaanbaatar -Lake Ugii – Zayiin Huree – Tsenher hot spring – Tovkhon monastery – Erdene Zuu - Ulaanbaatar
10 nights / 11 days
Central Mongolia and South-Eastern Mongolia
Buddhist monasteries of Mongolia, morning yoga exercises, meditation, World Energy Center, Tovkhon monastery, Erdene Zuu monastery.
The tour will be led by a practicing Buddhist and specialist in Buddhist studies. In the morning she will practice meditation and yoga and you are welcome to join her. At every monastery you will not only learn about the history and particularity of the monastery, also you will get to meet the monk of the monastery and have a conversation and a chance to ask questions.
- Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
- Day 2. Travel to Sainshand. (B/L/D)
- Day 3. Khamar Monastery. 50km. (B/L/D)
- Day 4. Visit the Wish-fulfilling mountain of Danzanravjaa. 75km. (B/L/D)
- Day 5. Day in Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
- Day 6. Ulaanbaatar / Lake Ugii. 510km. (B/L/D)
- Day 7. Zayiin Huree / Tsehner Hot Spring. 30km. (B/L/D)
- Day 8. Ovorkhangai: Tovkhon Monastery. 170km. (B/L/D)
- Day 9. Ovorkhangai: Erdene Zuu Monastery. 95km. (B/L/D)
- Day 10. Return to Ulaanbaatar. 380km. (B/L/D)
- Day 11. Departure. (B)
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
Visit Gandentegchinleng Monastery Complex: Arrive early at the monastery for the morning prayers and ceremonies. Visit the temples and surrounding areas. Tour will include accounts of the monastery’s history, detailed description and background of the images, statues and notable items within and around the monastery. Information about the projects currently being carried out at . Opportunity to meet the Hamba Lama and high ranking lamas living in the monastery with time for questions and answers.Lunch in the centre of town. Afterwards tour of Dashichoilin Monastery and tour of . Concert at State Music and Dance Academic Ensemble. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Day 2. Travel to Sainshand. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning train to Sainshand. Transfer from Sainshand to ger camp. Dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 3. Khamar Monastery. 50km. (B/L/D)
Optional early morning meditation and yoga. Breakfast in ger camp. Visit the Dakini's Breasts, the sacred Ovoo worship site of Kharmar Monastery. Visit Khamar Monastery:
Visit the healing sands: the hot sand is supposed to have healing abilities if people bury themselves in it for even 10 minutes. Lunch at the Ger Camp. Visit Shambala Land and Danzanravjaa's Tantric Meditation Caves: You will get the chance see how offerings are made and respects paid according to the traditional ritual practice. Optional Lead meditation in the middle of the energy circle. Visit the 108 meditation caves formed amongst the volcanic site. Short camel ride. Dinner at the ger camp. Optional evening meditation or time to relax.
Day 4. Visit the Wish-fulfilling mountain of Danzanravjaa. 75km. (B/L/D)
Optional early morning meditation and gentle yoga. Breakfast in a ger camp. Visit Bayanzurkh Mountain. Activity: hiking and mountain ritual. Lunch at the ger camp. Time to prepare for journey back to Sainshand. Transfer to Sainshand. Visit Danzanravjaa Museum and dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight train back to .
Day 5. Day in Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
Arrive back to Ulaanbaatar early in the morning. After breakfast visit Choijin Lama Temple Museum. Lunch and visit . Transfer to hotel, pack for Arkhangai aimag departure, enjoy the free evening.
Day 6. Ulaanbaatar / Lake Ugii. 510km. (B/L/D)
Optional early morning meditation and yoga. After breakfast depart for Hustain Nuruu National Park to look for Takhi (). Enjoy lunch at Hustain Nuruu. Arrive at lake Ugii ger camp. Dinner and overnight stay in a ger camp.
Day 7. Zayiin Huree / Tsehner Hot Spring. 30km. (B/L/D)
Optional early morning meditation and yoga. Breakfast at the camp. Journey to Tsetserleg and visit Zayiin Huree upon arrival and then tour with historical information.
Chance to talk to the Curator of Museum. After lunch in transfer to . Enjoy horse riding and the hot spa. Dinner at ger camp, relax and pack for the next day.
Day 8. Ovorkhangai: Tovkhon Monastery. 170 km. (B/L/D)
Optional early morning meditation and yoga. Breakfast. Journey to Ovorhangai and settle in to ger camp. After relaxing for a while drive to . Ride horses up to Tovkhon monastery. Detailed information and talk about its history and significance. Chance to talk to the abbot.
Day 9. Ovorkhangai: Erdene Zuu Monastery. 95km. (B/L/D)
Optional early morning meditation and yoga. After breakfast drive to . Detailed tour of monastery. Chance to overlook prayers and ceremonies
Chance to talk to the Abbot or a high ranking monk of the monastery. Lunch and dinner at the ger camp. Pack for journey back to .
Day 10. Return to Ulaanbaatar. 380km. (B/L/D)
Optional early Morning meditation and yoga. After breakfast drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Lunch on the way. Upon arrival in Ulaanbaatar do souvenir shopping at Cashmere store and the State Department Store. Farewell dinner.
Day 11. Departure. (B)
After breakfast transfer to the airport or train station for your international departure.
Tour available dates:
15 June – 15 September
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary
- Photo cameras, equipments, tripods etc…
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- yoga mat
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- comfy yoga trousers
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number