Events & Naadam
Blue Pearl Comfort
Tour to Northern Mongolia to visit lake Khuvsgul. In the latter part of the tour there is a visit to Terelj National Park.
Ulaanbaatar – Lake Khuvsgul – Ulaanbaatar
4 nights / 5 days
Northern Mongolia and Ulaanbaatar
Lake Khuvsgul, Mongolia's "Blue Pearl" is located two kilometers above sea level in the northernmost province of Mongolia. It is frozen from January until May. The Lake's unbelievably clear water is still untouched by industry and modern urban life, so much that one can see every detail of fish that are a dozen or more meters under water, Lake Khuvsgul the second largest fresh water lake in Central Asia. contains two percent of the world's fresh water. It is supplied by some 96 rivers that flow into the lake.
- Day 1. Ulaanbaatar. 40km. (L/D)
- Day 2. Lake Khuvsgul. 135km. (B/L/D)
- Day 3. Lake Khuvsgul. (B/L/D)
- Day 4. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
- Day 5. Departure. (B)
Your guide and the driver will meet you and assist you at the airport or train station. Transfer to the hotel in a private vehicle. Check-in and enjoy free time until lunch. After lunch, take a tour of the city, visit the National History Museum, and walk along the main Chinggis Square. Enjoy the colourful traditional folk songs and dance performance. Throat singing and contortion are the highlights of the show. Have dinner and spend the night at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace.
Day 2. Lake Khuvsgul. 135km. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a short (approx. 1½ hours) flight to Murun, the capital of the northern Khuvsgul province. Continue to the Khuvsgul lake, also known as the Blue Pearl of Mongolia (105km). Lunch at Ashihai ger camp. Walk along the lake shore, enjoy the scenery. Horse riding along the lake is available. Dinner and overnight stay at the Ashihai ger camp on the lake shore.
Day 3. Lake Khuvsgul. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the ger camp. Take a full day to explore the breathtaking lake and its surroundings. Visit the local reindeer herder family living in traditional dwellings – urts teepees and have photos taken petting the reindeers. The Dukha’s people, also known as reindeer herders, kept their unique culture that has for centuries involved a sustainable use of products from reindeers and the taiga (forest). Sadly, this lifestyle is now being threatened by the encroachment of the modern world.Enjoy an hour-long motorboat excursion in the lake. Horse riding, fishing is available at your request. Dinner and Overnight stay at the Ashihai ger camp.
Day 4. Ulaanbaatar. (B/L/D)
After breakfast drive to Murun for a flight back to Ulaanbaatar. Upon arrival, visit “Gobi,” the longest-established, largest cashmere factory of Mongolia and have a fascinating factory tour to learn how the raw cashmere collected by the nomadic herders is magically transformed into a softest warmth and then into a fashionable garment for buyers’ enjoyment. Cashmere shopping at the factory outlet is also available. Lunch at the Mirage restaurant. Visit the Zaisan Hill memorial on the way to your hotel and see the city from above. Dinner in the evening at the Monet restaurant with a view of the main square and the city at night.
Day 5. Departure. (B)
After breakfast at the hotel transfer to the airport or train station for your international departure.
Tour available dates:
15 June – 15 September
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4WD jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc...)
- Optional excursions unless stated in your itinerary, etc…
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightweight trousers
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number